Lunch with Maiko (Trainee Geisha) & Riverboat (Kyoto Day Tour)
*Charge per one Adult
Tour code : 0044K
- Packages & Fees
- Terms & Policies
The most interesting point of this tour is that you can eat lunch with maiko,geisha! The 'professional maiko,geisha', who undergo strict training in traditional Japanese arts such as dance, music, and communication, are something that even people who live in Kyoto rarely get to see. This tour is the only opportunity to meet such women! Wouldn’t you like to see them perform Japanese traditional dance as you enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine? You can take pictures with the maiko,geisha, and it is sure to be a wonderful memory.
Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine
This is the head shrine of the 30,000 Inari shrines nationwide. It has wonderful buildings, and is dedicated to the god of business prosperity. It is famous for the many red-colored torii gates along the approach path, of which there are about 10,000. The number has increased so much because the torii are dedicated by people as a sign of their gratitude that their wishes will be 'passed'. The avenue of torii is recommended for those who want to take photos that say, 'Now this is Kyoto! This is Japan!' You too can pay to build your own torii. If you are interested, please contact Authentrip.
Fushimi Inari-sando shopping street
If you have time after visiting Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine, please explore the nearby Fushimi Inari-sando shopping street. It is recommended that you try the famous 'Inari Sushi' (sushi in fried tofu) and 'Suzume no Yakitori' (grilled sparrow). With its teriyaki flavor, 'Suzume no Yakitori ' is surprisingly delicious, so why don’t you try it? Popular souvenirs are figurines, rice crackers, and steamed buns based on the 'fox', which is said to be a messenger to the god of Inari shrine. Please make sure to find your own favorite 'fox'.
Japanese cuisine for Lunch
For lunch, we will prepare Japanese dishes either in a bento lunch box or as a set meal. Features of 'Kyoto cuisine', which is one type of Japanese food, are that it is strict about the ingredients, cooking method, and water used, and is seasoned to bring out the taste of the ingredients. The place where you will eat is also an old-fashioned and tasteful traditional Japanese-style restaurant. Whether it’s sightseeing or eating, you can experience the truly Japanese atmosphere of Kyoto!
Fushimi Sake District
Fushimi is famous for making sake. It's okay to have a relaxing wander around the old houses, but there are two recommended tourist spots here. The first one is the 'Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum'. Famous as the Fushimi sake brewery, Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum introduces the culture of sake making. There is a separate admission fee of 300 yen per adult, but a nice benefit is the complimentary souvenir of junmaishu sake! You can sample sake for free in the museum!
Fushimi Old Town (Teradaya)
The second one is 'Teradaya'. It is a famous inn that everyone in Japan knows as the place where the historically famous samurai Sakamoto Ryoma was attacked. The separate admission fee is 400 yen per adult. The current building is a reconstruction, but around the year 1600 tax was decided according to the width of the frontage, and you can see how the 'traditional house of Kyoto with a narrow frontage and deep interior' was created to reduce taxation!
Jikkokubune Boat Ride
Around 1600, Fushimi was bustling with water transport. 'Jikkokubune' and 'sanjukokubune' boats began as transport craft carrying rice, sake, and passengers back and forth between Fushimi and Osaka along the Uji and Yodogawa rivers. Today they travel the rivers of Fushimi as excursion boats, from which you can see the beautiful scenery of wooden buildings interwoven with abundant greenery and Fushimi’s sake breweries.
The images used are for illustration purposes only.
Available period Throughout the year
- 29,900 JPY
- Tour date
- Everyday （Except for Monday)
- Minimum number of participants
- 1 Persons
- Departure point
- JR Kyoto Station
* Price for one Adult
(prices as seen on our booking sites. If you book through other services, the price may vary)
*Included in the tour price
・Services of professional Maiko or Geisha
・Jikkokubune Boat Fare
- Reservation deadline
- 10 days before the tour starts
- Cancelation charge
- Company name
* Depending on weather and road conditions changes to the tour without prior notice can be possible.
- Assembly Point
- JR Kyoto Station Hachijo-guchi Exit, In Front of Avanti Hotel Keihan
- [Train Station]
JR Kyoto Station Hachijo-guchi Exit, In Front of Avanti Hotel Keihan
・From Tokyo - approx. 2.5 hrs by Shinkansen
・From Osaka - approx. 0.5 hrs by the existing railroad line
・From Nagoya - approx. 0.5 hrs by Shinkansen
- Assembling time
- Ending place
- JR Kyoto Station
- Time required
|9:00||Meet at JR Kyoto station||A taxi driver holding a white Authentrip flag will be waiting for you.|
|9:30||Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine||Visit Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine|
|12:00||Lunch||Enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine with Maiko, Geisha|
|13:30||Fushimi Old Town||Feel free to explore old Town of Fushimi (Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum ,Teradaya )|
|15:00||Jikkokubune Boat Ride||Enjoy beautiful scenery from the boat|
|16:30||Drop off at Gion or JR Kyoto Station||
※Please make sure to read 【terms & policies】.
- Cancellations and modifications
- If you would like to modify details, such as your traveling dates or the number of participants, please cancel your current reservation and make a new one. Cancellations can be made online through “My Page”. Please be aware that a cancellation fee may apply depending on the time of year.
[1)Within 60 days of receipt of payment. 2)Up to 8 days before departure]
Cancellation fee：None (free of charge)
[3 days before departure]
Cancellation fee：30% of the total tour fee
[the day before departure 1 day before departure]
Cancellation fee：40% of the total tour fee
[On the departure day On the day]
Cancellation fee：50% of the total tour fee
[After departure or in case of no-show]
Cancellation fee：100% of the total tour fee
- About taxi drivers and sightseeing・Concerning your luggage
- ・For your convenience, we have arranged for taxis and mini-vans to allow you the comfort of traveling without being preoccupied about handling your luggage. Taxis will be available regardless of the number of participants however, due to space limitations, we ask you to inform us should you be traveling with more than 3 pieces per person (additional costs may incur). To respect your privacy, we work exclusively with experienced drivers who can only speak Japanese. For necessary information, we have prepared a separate document with useful phrases in English and other foreign languages.
・During the tour, large items such as suitcases and duffle bags will be kept in the trunk of the taxis. When getting on and off, please feel free to request access to your belongings from the driver at any time. However, we ask that you keep any valuable and fragile items as well as perishable food items with you at all times. Please acknowledge that we are not liable for any damages to your luggage in the event of an accident during transportation. We do not take responsibility for the damage, loss or theft of items due to negligence of the transportation company or its employees.
- For customers joining tours during the winter period
- Over the winter season (December to March), it is not uncommon to see snow in Japan. Please understand that weather-related changes in the road conditions will also impact the tour schedule. If you need to catch a train or a flight to another city at the end of the tour, we advise you to give yourself extra time to work around any potential delays.
- Itinerary Changes
- ・Customers may make changes to their tour itineraries, such as length of stay, etc. if they so wish.
・Please note that any extensions to the length of stay will incur additional charges.
・Additional charges are generally paid on the day, in cash, to the taxi driver.
・Tourist spots may sometimes need to be changed, or the length of travel time required may be different due to traffic conditions, etc. Please note that additional charges may be applicable if the arrival time is later than the end time specified in the itinerary.
- Tour operation: regarding the minimum number of participants
- ・Tours may be canceled if the minimum number of travelers is not reached. In that case, an e-mail notifying customers to this effect will be sent up to 12 days before the start of the tour. Full refunds shall be issued for any canceled tours.